CONCUSSION SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
A player experiencing any signs or symptoms may have suffered a concussion.
What coaches should do when a concussion is suspected.
- Remove the athlete from play.
- Ensure the athlete is evaluated immediately by an appropriate health care professional.
- Inform the athlete’s parents or guardians of the possible concussion.
- Only allow the athlete to return to participation after he or she is cleared by an appropriate health care
- professional and institute your league’s return-to-play policy.
All of our coaches certified every year in concussion protocols and in proper tackling techniques to minimize risk and emphasize safety.
Our staff are ensuring equipment, especially a properly fitting helmet, is a key step in reducing the risk of concussions.
Rhode Island Football Academy coaches are all trained in the proper heads-up tackling technique using s tackling stations to emphasize correct body posture at moment of impact for safer tackling.